Jul 11 2009 11:31 pm
Dear CSA and Friends of Shalom Orchard Farm,
Thanks to our wonderful apprentices’ decision to take their time off during the week, Jim and I can now get away together on some weekends!! So this weekend we are going camping. Since this is Saturday morning and pickup is not until Wednesday, there could be some changes in availability. I will email you on Monday with any significant changes.
So here goes:
- baby carrots $2.50/bu
- new potatoes 2.50/bu
- arugula (hopefully) 2.50/quarter#
- lettuce mix (hopefully) 2.00/quarter#
- beet greens 4.25/#
- scallions 2.00/bunch
- garlic scapes 1.50/bunch (these are the beautiful curled seed pod shoot and is used like garlic – but bit milder)
- sugar snap peas 5.00/# (these are edible pod.)
- chicken 3.75/# (this week we have fresh and frozen, chicken (we will be making another run to the butcher on Tuesday. Most weeks we will have frozen chicken. You can order whole chickens, or quarters. smoked chicken 5.00/# (we will smoke these for you by order-so amazingly delicious!!)
- eggs 3.50/doz
- freshly baked breads 5.00/loaf (Sarah will make spelt/rosemary/olive oil rolls – there will be six orders of six rolls each and four loaves of rye bread. I will make four loaves of swope bread, a variation on an Irish soda bread. We will try to offer about 3 choices each week. We do need you to order breads so we know how many loaves to bake. We can make 14 loaves/week and they will be available on a first come, ) first serve basis. Breads count as part of your share.
Harmony Mill Farm Products:
- whole milk 2.50/half gal
- skim milk 2.50/half gal
- bottle deposit 2.75 (bring it back each week and there is no additional bottle deposit charge)
- cream 1.75/half pint
- ricotta 3.50/#, 2.00/half #
- cheddar 6/# (please indicate sharp or mild)
- ricotta-salada 2.25/half#
We have other processed products and yarn for sale. Our CSA members, the Muise family, have put some of their own maple syrup in our store for sale.
Any of our farm products can count toward your share. Harmony Mill Farm products and Muise’s Maple are purchased separately.
Of course, our wines are always available, but can’t count toward your share, as wines cannot be prepaid. Jim has some new selections available this season!!
Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions.
We are looking so forward to seeing you Wed. from 3-5:30PM. Thank you for your patience at pickup if things get a bit hectic!