Jul 17 2009 03:50 pm
Dear CSA and Friends of Shalom Orchard,
We have a new resident here at the farm! He is “Skippy”, a llama who will guard our sheep from predators. He is 2 and a half years old and we hope to find him a girlfriend so we can have a baby llama, called a cria. Some of you met him last pickup day, but be sure to take a look this week. We have had a llama in the past and miss him, so it is great to have another!
I am sending this on Friday as I am going to RI to fetch the grandkids up for a couple of weeks! There may be some changes in what is available by Wednesday, so I may send out another email on Tuesday.
So here goes:
- raspberries 4/half pint
- new potatoes 2.50/half #
- lettuce mix (hopefully) 2.00/quarter#
- beet greens 4.25/#
- scallions 2.00/bunch
- garlic scapes 1.50/bunch (these are the beautiful curled seed pod shoot and is used like garlic – but bit milder)
- sugar snap peas 5.00/# (these are edible pod.)
- chicken 3.75/# (this week we have fresh and frozen, chicken (we will be making another run to the butcher on Tuesday. Most weeks we will have frozen chicken. You can order whole chickens, or quarters.
- smoked chicken 5.00/# (we will smoke these for you by order-so amazingly delicious!!)
- eggs 3.50/doz
- freshly baked breads 5.00/loaf I am not sure which breads Sarah will make next week. I will let you know. We will try to offer about 3 choices each week. We do need you to order breads so we know how many loaves to bake. We can make 14 loaves/week and they will be available on a first come, ) first serve basis. Breads count as part of your share.
Harmony Mill Farm Products:
- whole milk 2.50/half gal
- skim milk 2.50/half gal
- bottle deposit 2.75 (bring it back each week and there is no additional bottle deposit charge)
- cream 1.75/half pint
- ricotta 3.50/#, 2.00/half #
- cheddar 6/# (please indicate sharp or mild)
- ricotta-salada 2.25/half#
We have other processed products and yarn for sale. Our CSA members, the Muise family, have put some of their own maple syrup in our store for sale.
Any of our farm products can count toward your share. Harmony Mill Farm products and Muise’s Maple are purchased separately.
Of course, our wines are always available, but can’t count toward your share, as wines cannot be prepaid. Jim has some new selections available this season!!
Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions.
We are looking so forward to seeing you Wed. from 3-5:30PM. Thank you for your patience at pickup if things get a bit hectic!