Jul 04 2009 09:56 pm
Dear CSA and Friends of Shalom Orchard Farm,
In spite of nature’s best efforts to prevent it, we do have some veggies and other products available for our first pickup on Wed., 7/8, from 3-5:30. For the new folks, here is how it works. You will receive an email from me over the weekend before a pickup. I will list what we have available and the prices. You reply to my email with your choices. You can always go over the amount of the weekly share you paid for,and if we have it available, you can purchase more. Our prices are taken from a price list published by MOFGA based on prices charged by Maine organic farms.
So here goes:
- rhubarb (limited quantity) $2.25/#
- Chinese cabbage 1.50/#
- arugula 2.50/quarter#
- lettuce mix 2.00/quarter#
- scallions 2.00/bunch
- garlic scapes 1.50/bunch (these are the beautiful curled seed pod shoot and is used like garlic – but bit milder)
- sugar snap peas 5.00/# (these are edible pod. These are from Star Root Farm. They are biodynamic. Ours will be ready in a week or so. These can be counted as part of your share.)
- chicken 3.75/# (this week we have fresh, not frozen, chicken. Most weeks we will have frozen chicken. You can order whole chickens, or quarters. We package 2 breast quarters/ bag and 2 leg and thigh quarters/bag.)
- smoked chicken 5.00/# (we will smoke these for you by order-so amazingly delicious!!)
- eggs 3.50/doz
- freshly baked breads 5.00/loaf (Sarah, our apprentice, will make whole spelt and honey whole wheat and I will make swope
- bread, a variation on an Irish soda bread. We want you to tell us your choices for future weeks.We will try to offer about 3 choices each week. We do need you to order breads so we know how many loaves to bake)
- Harmony Mill Farm unpasteurized milk and cheese (these will be available by order – we offer these wonderful products as a convenience to our CSA. Don’t count as part of your share.)
- whole milk 2.50/half gal
- skim milk 2.50/half gal
- bottle deposit 2.75 (bring it back each week and there is no additional bottle deposit charge)
- cream 1.75/half pint
- ricotta 3.50/#, 2.50/half #
- cheddar 6/# (please indicate sharp or mild)
We have other processed products and yarn for sale. Our CSA members, the Muise family, have put some of their own maple syrup in our store for sale.
Any of our farm products and the peas can count toward your share. Harmony Mill Farm products and Muise’s Maple are purchased separately.
Of course, our wines are always available, but can’t count toward your share, as wines cannot be prepaid. Jim has some new selections available this season!!
Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions.
We are looking so forward to meeting all of you new CSA members and welcoming back members from past years. See you Wed. from 3-5:30PM.